With the world aging population at a formidable figure.
Showing care and empathy to our love ones and the society,
will be the most gracious thing to do.
Watch this meaningful video.
And be touched by the scenes.
It shows what one would often find hard to say.
This will affect one or the other in some way.
I was determined to find out.
What is Alzheimer's Disease ?
Informative and good illustrations
I have learnt that..
Alzheimer's destroy brain cells, creates problems in relation
to memory and behaviors severe enough to affect work,
lifelong hobbies or social life.
I have assembled some information from various sources
to do a brief compilation of this dreadful illness.
Using this post as a recap should I forget.
According to the report, Alzheimer's can strike people
as early as in their 30s.
But is extremely rare.
This is called younger-onset Alzheimer's.
The common known risk factor for
Alzheimer's is increasing age.
Most are 65 or older.
Likelihood of developing Alzheimer's doubles about
every 5 years after age 65.
After age 85, the risk reaches nearly 50 percent.
Another risk factor is family history.
Find out more from this link: Risk Factors
1. Memory changes that disrupt daily life
2. Challenges in planning or solving problems
3. Difficulty completing familiar task at home,
at work or at leisure
4. Confusion with time or place
5. Trouble understanding visual images
and spatial relationships
6. New problems with words in speaking or writing
7. Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
8. Decreased or poor judgment
9. Withdrawal from work or social activities
10.Changes in mood and personality
Thanks to these sites I now have a clearer
view of what is alzheimer's
I would like to help spread this message.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Could a cup of coffee a day delay Alzheimer's
"Coffee 'could cure Alzheimer's" a recent report.
Yet to be determined.