Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Melamine in Milk

Melamine in milk is indeed a serious matter.

It has caused thousands of babies in China to suffer from
acute kidney failure with some fatalities.

Can you imagine eating this instead of eating from this.
MELAMINE : is a SYNTHETIC polymer.
Its been used in whiteboards, floor tiles, kitchen wares (like these plates)
and for many industrial applications.
Melamine resin is also known as a thermoset plastic because
it becomes fixed after moulding.
Imagine swallowing that in any amount.
How devastating.
Melamine is difficult to recycle,
So how can we ever have such a toxic,
malignant substance in our food.

A word of CAUTION:
Melamine ware CANNOT be put into the oven and microwave oven.

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...